Creative Lab: Digital & the Outdoor (Part One)
The Digital & the Outdoor Symposium
The Creative Lab: Digital is a national event that explores the potential and practice of digital innovation in the outdoor and public space contexts. Focusing on the special challenges and opportunities of using creative technology in urban and natural environments, the event was comprised of two parts: The Digital & the Outdoor Symposium and the Creative Tech Lab.
The Digital & the Outdoor one-day symposium for artists, producers, festivals, funders and technologists explored the opportunities to work with digital technology outdoors and in public spaces.
Presentations and discussions featured key players in the digital realm and explored case studies from exciting artistic projects that combine virtual, live, physical and environmental elements.
There was also contributions from Abandon Normal Devices, Watershed, Google Arts & Culture Lab as well as a range of exciting artists making work for public space that covered areas including augmented and virtual reality, gaming, projection work and geolocated sound.
- Freya Murray (Google Culture Labs)
- Hilary O’Shaughnessy (Watershed)
- Donna Close (Brighton University)
- Catherine Waddington (Abandon Normal Devices)
- Brendan Walker (Thrill Laboratory)
- Ray Lee, Sound Artist & Composer
- Ling Tan, Designer, Maker & Software Developer
- Ju Row Farr (Blast Theory)