The deadline for Without Walls submissions has now passed – this page reminds here for information only.
Without Walls invites artists and companies to request support for the creation and touring of new outdoor work for presentation in 2019.
Without Walls supports the creation and touring of a range of exciting and ambitious outdoor projects of different genres, styles and forms by UK artists. Our main agenda is to support new work of the highest quality.
Artists are invited to submit proposals for the next round of Without Walls commissions, for new outdoor arts projects in any form which will premiere and tour in 2019.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for work from all disciplines and genres, that is innovative and ambitious and challenges the idea of what outdoor arts can be.
- The work must be suitable for outdoor touring and artists should be committed to exploring touring opportunities for the works in addition to the Without Walls festivals.
- Proposals for work could be adaptable in scale, suitable for daytime and/or evening presentation and may also include promenade or processional based elements.
- Without Walls exists to support the development of new and ambitious work by UK artists; we can support projects that are developed in association with International Artists, but the lead partner on the project must be based in the UK.
- Most projects supported by Without Walls are shows that we have commissioned. However, in some cases, we will support the touring of a project that has already raised its creation costs, provided that the show has not already toured in the UK, and provided it clearly meets our priorities.
- For commissions and touring projects in 2019: Please note the work should be available from May – September 2019 and be available to tour to Without Walls festivals where interest lies. It is expected that shows commissioned for 2019 will also be available to tour from April – October 2020, allowing them to tour to ATN festivals if required.
Without Walls is committed to ensuring that all of our processes and events are as accessible as possible.
If you would like to receive the application materials in an alternative format, or if you would like to request assistance with completing your application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org providing an outline of your access requirements.
Deadline for submission of proposals – 17.00 4th September 2018
Notification of shortlisted projects – End of October 2018
Final decision – Mid-December 2018
For more information and advice around completing your application please call the Without Walls management team at XTRAX on 0161 227 8383.
On the 16th of August, we will be hosting a live stream/webinar where those interested in putting in an application can find out more about the process and take part in and Q&A session. To register your interest and submit a question to the team please email Elena Cavallero. Format and time to be announced at a later date.