Without Walls is inviting festivals and arts organisations interested to join the Creative Development Network (CDN).
The Creative Development Network acts as a ‘festival incubator’; supporting emerging festivals or arts organisations taking the first steps into presenting outdoor arts events. The CDN was formed in 2019 with eight partners and following a review of the activity and feedback from partners in its first year we are now inviting expressions of interest from new and developing outdoor festivals or any venues, local authorities or organisations who would like to develop a relationship with Without Walls. Partnering with us supports organisations to find out more about the Outdoor Arts sector, network with peers, and to seek advice on the development of their outdoor programmes.
Deadline for submission of proposals: Thursday 13 February 2020, 5 pm.
CDN partners are asked to make an annual commitment subject to a fixed subscription fee, agree to our Terms of Reference and attend a minimum of two meetings per year. In return you will have access to a range of partner benefits, including:
- Invitations to four meetings a year with travel bursaries available (by request) to support partners to attend;
- Access to subsidised Without Walls training opportunities and further resources;
- Up to half a day per annum of bespoke one-to-one support from the Without Walls management team (usually delivered remotely via phone or email);
- Additional light-touch contact with the Without Walls management team throughout the year, with a dedicated point of contact to support partners in steering and making connections;
- Opportunities to meet with other Without Walls festival partners, management staff and Board members at informal networking events throughout the year;
- Preview information about the Without Walls programme including opportunities to attend Work in Progress events, sharings and artist meetings;
- Marketing and advocacy support including access to Without Walls shared marketing, press and PR as well as the Without Walls branding kit and profiling across social media and online;
- Brokering of mentoring opportunities with other Without Walls festival partners (fees may be incurred);
- Access to Consortium benchmarking audience data via The Audience Agency partnership with Without Walls.
A 25% discount is available to organisations / independent producers not in receipt of regular funding. Please contact Anais Biaux to discuss eligibility.
In 2019 the new Creative Development Network went from strength to strength and welcomed over tens of thousands of people at events in Northwich, London, Grimsby, Sunderland and South Tyneside, Lincoln and more.