Everyone within the Outdoor Arts sector has been affected by COVID-19. We’ve gathered together a list for those looking for information, advice and support.
The list below has been produced by our Production Specialist, Mat Ort. He will be working with Without Walls to assess specific challenges and questions related to the rehearsal and presentation of each project in a socially distanced/COVID-safe context.
Coronavirus Guidance Resource list: Last Updated: 22/02/21
This is by no means a comprehensive list, and information is constantly changing in line with advice from the Government
Following the UK Government announcement on Mon 22 February 2021 which outlined a roadmap for coming out of lockdown, here is the latest information about what the roadmap means for those presenting outdoor events, see page 34 and 36 of this document bit.ly/3sidxVf
- World Health Organisation – General Coronavirus advice and information:
- NHS – General Coronavirus advice and information
- UK Government -‐ Working Safely during Coronavirus
- UK Government -‐ Meeting people from outside your household
Guidance for Public Spaces and Mass Gatherings:
- World Health Organisation -‐ Guidance on Mass Gatherings
- UK Government -‐ Guidance on safe public spaces -‐ urban centres and green spaces
Guidance for Event Organisers
- Eventbrite -‐ COVID-‐19 Safety Playbook for Events -‐A resource to help determine the risks and how to address them.
- The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide - written by industry professionals in the USA
- Return to Work and Events Guidance Document – Written by UK Event Safety Consultants HornerSalus:
- EIF (Events Industry Forum) – “Making outdoor event gatherings happen again”
- NEC Group Recovery Blueprint – A blueprint guideline to support the live events industry in re-‐ starting the UK in the latter stages of COVID-19.
Guidance for getting back to work:
- National Association of Street Artists UK-‐ Covid19 Checklist and Risk Assessment – Good, clear information on general work practices including guidance for writing COVID risk assessments
- The return to Performance Consensus - written by Royal Ballet, English National Ballet, Scottish Ballet and Birmingham Royal Ballet -‐ Dance focused, includes COVID safety guidance for rehearsal processes and production work in general.
- BECTU – Film and TV recovery plan - contains key recommendations for safe working, relevant to the production and rehearsal process for theatre and performing arts.
- ‘Music Unlocked’ -‐ a guide written by the UK Association for Music Education - contains specific info relating to the risk of spreading viruses when singing and playing musical instruments.
- Germany Covid19 Safety Standards – Extract relating to rehearsals: This guide provides assistance on how to proceed with staging productions, especially for rehearsals in event and production facilities.
- TV Production Guidance -‐Managing the risk of Coronavirus in TV production making
- UK Government -‐ Guidance for construction and working outdoors - includes relevant info including guidance when social distancing is not practical.
- Independent Theatre Council (ITC) – A variety of resources and useful links relating to Covid safety and support for getting back to work.
- Health & Safety Executive – General guidance on social distancing, keeping businesses open and in-‐ work activities during the coronavirus outbreak.
- DCMS – Returning to Sport Training Guidance. Specifically about athletes and sports teams returning to work, but includes some transferable guidance relevant to performing arts and rehearsing and performing together. Includes some guidance on the creation of ‘bubbles’ and social distancing.
- HSE Staying COVID-‐Safe Declaration poster – A simple checklist to display/share to acknowledge best working practice.
- MIA (Meetings Industry Association) – More geared towards the commercial events sector but lots of transferable guidance here
- Cushman and Wakefield -‐ Recovery Readiness: A How-‐to Guide for Reopening your Workplace. Focused on ‘office environment’ but some transferable information regards working in any building.
- Events Industry Forum – Sample Coronavirus Policy. A generic template for a Coronavirus policy that may provide a useful starting point for creating your own COVID policies/risk assessments.
Articles, Webinars and Interviews
- Access All Areas – How can we make Stadiums Biosecure
- EEA (Emergency Exit Arts) Webinars – EEA have been hosting a series of webinars featuring a variety of speakers from within the sector to look at the immediate future of outdoor & community arts.
- UK Creative and Cultural Sector Coronavirus Impact Study - Understanding the impact of the crisis on the sector
- British Film Commission - UK Finalizes COVID-19 Production Guidelines
- Visit Britain – Development of an industry standard and supporting mark meaning businesses across the sector can demonstrate that they are adhering to the respective Government and public health guidance, have carried out a COVID-‐19 risk assessment and check they have the required processes in place.
- El Pais -‐ Article published in El Pais regarding the analysis of infection, how it happens and how it can be avoided.