The aim of the Associate Touring Network is to increase engagement with and enjoyment of outdoor arts at a regional and national level and to collect evidence to inform the development of audiences for the network and for the sector.
Outdoor Arts is truly one of the most democratic of art forms, overcoming the traditional barriers associated with arts engagement, making it the perfect vehicle for the delivery of programmes of audience development and community outreach
The audience development objectives of this project are:
- To create opportunities for audiences to experience quality outdoor arts
- To reach diverse audiences
- To create opportunities for festivals to reach out to communities
- To engage with people who typically have low or medium engagement with arts and culture
- To engage in consultation and discussion with audiences to gather feedback
- To collect demographic data to build a nationwide picture of outdoor arts audiences
- To collate and disseminate feedback to festivals to improve audience experience
The shared learning from our last ATN project played a key part in helping to position the UK sector as the leading authority on audience development in the Outdoor sector.
Audiences Development for the 2016-2018 project
Without Walls is excited to be supporting the new Associate Touring Network partners with their audience development activities. All of the partners are located in areas where people typically have low engagement with arts and culture. Over the coming year, each of the ten partners will deliver a range of activities to increase engagement with target audiences. For many partners, the focus is around developing their events to appeal to families, and BME communities.
with many more projects to be revealed in the future…